If you are in need of Microneedling in St. Clair Shores, Michigan please contact us at (586) 944-0140 to schedule an appointment.
First, just to clear any confusion when you hear the word ‘needling’, here’s what the technique is NOT:
- Micro-needling is NOT an injection
- Micro-needling is NOT a piercing
- Micro-needling is NOT a DIY procedure
Micro-needling is a more sophisticated version of the Dermaroller – an excellent piece of medical technology. Both use a cluster of micro-fine needles, but unlike the Dermaroller, the micro-needling device allows the technician to vary the depth of the punctures without having to switch rollers. These super-tiny channels, invisible to the naked eye, do two things:
- Stimulate the body to produce new collagen and elastin, the skin’s connective tissue and the structural matrix responsible for smooth texture and elasticity
- Allow for active ingredients to penetrate exactly to the dermis where they can immediately get to work
When dealing with plumping, refining and smoothing the skin, it’s getting to the dermis that poses the greatest challenge. The deepest that most topical medications can penetrate to is the top layer of the epidermis. (Sadly, UV light can penetrate all the way down to the dermis, which is why it is so damaging.) Coming from the other direction, any oral medication or supplement has to go through the digestive process before entering the bloodstream and getting to work. source; everydayhealth.com
If you are in need of professional Microneedling in St. Clair Shores, MI, please call Body Sculpting & Spa Services at (586) 944-0140 today!